eleahparker

Freshman center Eleah Parker is the first freshman to win two Ivy League Player of the Week awards since Sydney Stipanovich in 2013-2014.

Credit: Zach Sheldon

The awards just keep rolling in for Eleah Parker.

Penn women’s basketball’s freshman star racked up three more this week, adding to an already crowded trophy case. Alongside her second straight co-Ivy League Player of the Week, Parker also won her fifth Ivy League Rookie of the Week and became the second player ever to win more than one National Freshman of the Week award.

The center has now put up a new career high in points in consecutive games. This week, in a Big 5 win at Villanova, Parker increased her personal best to 25. She also led the team with nine rebounds and finished with three steals and three blocks. 

Parker was especially dominant in the post after halftime. In her 18 minutes, the freshman scored 18 points, shot 7 for 10 from the floor, and a perfect 4 for 4 from the charity stripe. Behind the efforts of Parker and frontcourt partner Michelle Nwokedi, Penn outscored ‘Nova in the paint by a margin of 40-18.

With a return to Big 5 action against Temple on Wednesday, Parker has a chance to tie Nwokedi for most Rookie of the Week nods in program history at six. Parker leads all Ivy League freshmen in both points and rebounds per game, so breaking that record is certainly within the realm of possibility with six weeks left in the season.