is-stat-so-dominant
Credit: Julia Schorr

In this week's edition of Is Stat So?, track and field continues to break school records, women's basketball dominated a completely overmatched Gwynedd Mercy, and gymnastics excelled on floor. Click here for previous editions.

School records broken by freshman women's track and field sprinter Uchechi Nwogwugwu this weekend. The rookie beat a 10-year-old mark by running 54.69 in the 400-meter, while also contributing to a 4x400 school record with Candace Taylor, Caroline O'Neil and Cecil Ene.

Rebounds pulled down by men’s basketball in a 67-56 win over Big 5 rival Saint Joseph’s. That’s the most boards the Quakers have had in regulation this year, and the fourth time they’ve had over 50 in a game this season.

Number of events swept by Penn swimming in home wins over West Chester. The men went 1-2-3 in the 1000-yard freestyle, 200 free, 50 free, 200 butterfly, and 100 fly, while the women took the three spots the 200 fly.

Points allowed by women’s basketball in the first half of its game against Gywnedd Mercy. It was the fewest first half points allowed during coach Mike McLaughlin’s nine year tenure, beating the previous record of 11 at Harvard two years ago.

Average score of Penn gymnasts’ floor routines in a losing effort against Southeast Missouri State. The Quakers’ total score of 48.950 was the highest team score in any event this season.