eleah_parker

Freshman center Eleah Parker is averaging 9.3 points per game this season, the third-most on the team.

Credit: Zach Sheldon

Another week, another piece of hardware.

For the second straight week, Penn women's basketball's Eleah Parker was named the Ivy League Rookie of the Week. Parker is the first Quaker to earn the award in consecutive weeks since current senior Michelle Nwokedi took home four straight during the 2014-2015 season.

Credit: Julia Schorr

Courtesy of Penn Athletics

Much like last week's award, one game was all it took for Parker to cement her case for the award.

In the Quakers' lone game against Rhode Island last Friday, an 84-66 win, Parker had yet another stellar showing in a string of breakout performances. The Charlotte, N.C. native recorded her first career double-double, tallying 12 points and a game-high 11 rebounds, while also adding two blocks and two steals.

Over Penn's past four games, Parker has shaken off the first-year jitters and hit her stride. During that stretch, she is averaging 12.0 points and 7.3 rebounds, and has raised her field goal percentage to 45.9 percent, the highest on the team (minimum 10 shots).

Parker is heating up at just the right time for the Red and Blue. With Penn's Ivy opener against Princeton just a few days away, Parker has a chance to announce her presence in the Ivy League in a big way.