police

The Division of Public Safety issued a UPennAlert Tuesday morning informing the community of a series of power outages. | DP File Photo

The Division of Public Safety sent out a UPennAlert on Tuesday at 11:29 a.m. about a large power outage on campus.

Penn experienced power outages in Van Pelt Library, the Institute of Contemporary Art, the Law School, English House, Annenberg Center and School, the Franklin Building, Franklin Annex, Golkin Hall, parts of 3401 Walnut Street, the Jaffe Building, Kings Court, Sansom East and the tunnel entrance of Sansom West, according to the Public Safety website.

DPS reported on its website that Facilities and Real Estate Services were working with PECO to restore power to the area. Penn Police were also to be on the scene, it said.

Last Thursday, an underground electrical explosion on Walnut Street closed the block from 34th to 36th streets. At the time, DPS wrote on its website that the lines had been undergoing maintenance by PECO following previous reports of power outages.

A spokeswoman for Facilities and Real Estate Services was not immediately available for comment on Tuesday afternoon.

A second UPennAlert was issued at 11:45 a.m., stating that power had been restored.