The faculty of the country’s top colleges favors former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton more than any other candidate, according to data from campaign contributions during the 2016 Presidential elections. 

In a survey of campaign contributions from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia and Stanford, faculty overwhelmingly donated to Democratic candidates, especially Clinton.

At Harvard and Yale, Clinton garnered the vast majority of monetary donations. 91% of all faculty donations from Harvard went to the Clinton campaign. Narrowly behind Harvard, Yale gave 86% of its donations to Clinton. Stanford gave 81% of its donations to Clinton, and Columbia gave 78%. Of the schools in the survey, Princeton donated the greatest percentage of its contributions to Senator Bernie Sanders, but still gave a majority to Clinton.

From these faculties, Clinton tends to receive donations of larger sums of money than Sanders, which is similar to the national trend of their campaign donations.

According to The Harvard Crimson, 37 of the 81 faculty members who donated money gave the maximum individual contribution of $2,700 to Clinton. Harvard administrators and faculty gave a total of $131,000 to presidential candidates this election cycle so far.

At Yale, many faculty members also donated the maximum amount of $2700 to Clinton. The Yale Daily News wrote that the average donation to Sanders was $300, compared to an average of $1,650 to Clinton.