Brown softball coach Katie Flynn has been accused of bullying players, leading to poor player retention, according to the Brown Daily Herald.

The Daily Herald spoke with multiple players who said that Flynn had made remarks about players' weights and appearances, including a particularly disparaging quote about one player whose parents were hosting the team on the west coast.

“She lives a block away from an ice cream shop? That explains a lot," Flynn said according to the former player.

Multiple players and parents brought their concerns to Brown Athletic Director Jack Hayes and President Christina Paxson, but the University had not taken action against the coach.

Of Flynn's first recruiting class of 12 players, only three players remain in the program. The former player who Flynn called out for weight in California said she quit due to those remarks and similar ones made by Flynn.

“I’ve played softball since I was seven years old, and the fact that that’s the note I ended on after playing my entire life hurt,” she said to the Brown Daily Herald. “I decided that it’s not worth the love of the sport to be told you’re fat in front of your entire team.”

Read more at the Brown Daily Herald.