Penn's admit rate dropped to below ten percent for the first time in history this year.

Dean of Admissions Eric Furda announced in a statement today that 9.9 percent of 35,868 applicants have been selected to join the Class of 2018, which includes both early and regular decision students. Students who applied regular decision will find out if they have been selected at 5 p.m. tomorrow.

The size of the applicant pool also grew by 14.7 percent to 35,868 prospective students. The average SAT score for the admitted class increased two points to 2199 from 2197 last year. This figure includes the converted scores of students who took the ACT test, Furda said.

The class of 2018, like the class of 2017, will be 52 percent female, and 45 percent of the admitted class self-identified as minority students compared to 43 percent last year. Only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents are included in that figure.

Pennsylvania saw 526 admits, the highest number of any state. One hundred and sixty-eight of those students are Philadelphians.

New York and California closely followed in Pennsylvania's wake, with 416 and 378 admitted students, respectively.

Fifty-seven Canadian students will receive admissions offers — more than any other nation.

Korea saw the second greatest number of admits with 39 acceptances. India and the United Kingdom tied for third place with 34 admitted students each.

Of the admitted students, Penn legacies make up 13 percent of the class while 12 percent are first-generation college students.