alesso
Credit: Courtesy of Brandon Naranjo/Wikimedia Commons

Maybe Spring Fling won’t be so crazy after all.

A number of students, through groups and fraternities, are leaving Penn’s Spring Fling concert for Villanova University’s Alesso concert.

A number of fraternities organized buses to Villanova for those left wanting with DJ Girl Talk. “The people wanted it. And we followed,” said Wharton sophomore Nathan Fleetwood, who is a brother in Kappa Sigma. Fleetwood and his brothers organized a bus to bring a number of Penn students to the Alesso concert.

Penn students had mixed feelings on the concert the Social Planning and Events Committee is putting on Friday night.

College senior Matthew Lorenzo commented, “The lineup we have for Fling really isn’t that good, and I don’t believe in Tyga, so I’m not paying $45 to go see that concert.”

Villanova’s concert features Alesso, a DJ, and is $10 less for both floor and regular tickets than Penn’s concert. Alesso begins Friday at 7 p.m., while Tyga will take the stage on Franklin Field at 7:30.

This is the first sold-out concert for Villanova in years.

Outside of the fraternities, other students also took it upon themselves to organize ways to get to Villanova.

“A lot of my friends are going to Alesso, and I’m a big fan of EDM. I don’t go to a lot of concerts, so I want to go to the best concert I can find. Me and my roommates are going to take SEPTA to Villanova,” said Engineering sophomore Paul Le Ster.

Others tried to make the negative feelings about Penn’s concert into a business idea. Engineering sophomore Devin DiSabatino and his roommate built girltalksucks.com for students to order tickets to go to Villanova on the two buses they had reserved.

“The demand was pretty good, especially since we got in pretty late in the game. We’re in the process of filling a second bus as we speak,” DiSabatino said. Approximately 55 students have signed up to join DiSabatino’s bus.

Some Villanova students don’t appreciate the influx of Penn students to their concert.

Villanova sophomore Jack Schwartz said, “I’m upset that all these Penn students are coming to our concert. I almost didn’t get a ticket, and my friends didn’t.”

Others just did what they could to take advantage of the bus system to get out of Penn’s celebrations on Franklin Field.

Nursing and Wharton freshman Jordan Jaffe, who is a brother of Pi Kappa Phi, said about their bus, “The seniors are getting their own bus, I’m going with random people from SAE, ZTA, the swim team and their friends.”

Some even noticed the low demand of Fling tickets and used that in their favor.

One Wharton and Engineering sophomore said, “It was so easy to get a floor pass that I got three.” He later sold his other tickets for a profit.