Penn track and field’s record-setting spring continued on Saturday as the Quakers traveled to Fairfax, Va., for the George Mason Invitational.

Unlike most track meets, this invite did not have a team scoring competition. Instead, the coaches focused on the individual performances of their athletes as the Quakers move towards the Heptagonal Championships in early May.

The Penn athletes responded by posting several new marks in the school record books.

The star of the weekend for the Red and Blue was on the women’s side, as sophomore Heather Bong is now officially Penn’s fastest woman of all time.

The sprinter ran the 100-meter dash in a time of 11.83 seconds, good enough for fourth overall on Saturday and first in school history. The previous school record was set by Izu Emeagwali back in 2005.

And Bong’s extraordinary day wasn’t done yet.

Bong ran the sixth-fastest time in school history in the 200 to finish ninth overall at the invite. She was also a part of the 4×100 relay team that finished in first place, more than a second faster than any other school on the day.

Freshman Kaci Jones continued her stellar rookie campaign by moving into eighth place all-time at Penn in the javelin throw when she claimed third place on Saturday.

In the 100 hurdles finals, junior Gabbi Piper placed sixth, while fellow junior Brooke Hamscher also placed sixth in the pole vault.

The men’s team dominated the top spots in the 400 hurdles, as sophomore Tom Timmins won the event and senior Tim Carey claimed third for the Red and Blue.

Timmins’ personal best time of 52.23 was just good enough to make the top-10 all-time list for Penn.

While Penn’s top high jumper, junior Maalik Reynolds, rested for the weekend, freshman Thomas Pitt filled in well during his absence by placing fourth in the high jump.

The men’s middle distance squad also produced some impressive results. Sophomore Mato Bekelja was 10th in the 800, breaking the 1:50 barrier for the first time inhis career.

Freshman Thomas Awad, who normally competes in the longer distance races, moved down to the 1500 on Saturday and did very well. He finished ninth overall in a personal best time of 3:48.14.

Next weekend, Penn track and field heads to Princeton for the Larry Ellis Invitational, the final chance for the team to prepare before the 119th edition of the Penn Relays.

Coaches looking for progress as track & field head to Virginia

Quakers hold off British invasion in Ithaca

British foes await Penn track & field in Ithaca

Red and Blue shine in outdoor season debut