One of Penn’s top programs extended its win streak to 11 matches this weekend.

The men’s and women’s fencing teams headed to Cambridge, Mass., this weekend for the Eric Sollee Invitational. Both squads swept the competition of Stevens Tech, MIT, Boston College and Brandeis.

On the men’s side, an opening 19-8 victory over Stevens Tech was the closest the Quakers came to losing since their 20-7 defeat at the hands of second-ranked Penn State on Jan. 12.

For the women, this weekend marked their first tournament this season without a loss. Two 18-9 scores against Stevens Tech and MIT were the closest calls for the Quakers.

The results were not a shock for assistant coach Randall LeMaster, who expected his team to have a strong showing.

“Overall, everyone was fencing well and fighting so we are pretty pleased,” LeMaster said.

One weapon in particular had a spectacular tournament and impressed LeMaster.

“Men’s sabre was monstrous today,” LeMaster said. “They went 34-2. With a record like that, I mean, it was pretty strong.”

The schedule will get tougher for both the No. 8 men and the No. 10 women when the Ivy League Round-Robins occur next weekend.

In the NCAA rankings, there are four top-10 teams from the Ivy League on both the men’s and women’s sides. For both, it is Princeton, Harvard, Columbia and Penn that are nationally ranked.

“Right now the Ivy championships are up in the air and any of the four teams can win it. It is going to be who has the momentum, who executes, and who minimizes their mistakes,” LeMaster said.

Penn fencing confirms expectations at Philadelphia Invitational

For fencing’s Mike Mills, help came down from above

BRIEF | Penn fencing comes up just short of perfection at Penn State Invitational