After nine games without an Ivy League loss, the women’s soccer team faced a bump in the road this weekend.

The Quakers went into their matchup against Dartmouth undefeated in the Ancient Eight, but in the end fell to the Big Green, 2-1.

Penn now trails undefeated Princeton by one game and is tied with Dartmouth for second place in the league standings.

As the Red and Blue traveled to Hanover, N.H., they knew it would not be easy, as they have not won there since 2002.

“I think we knew coming here that it is a difficult place to play,” coach Darren Ambrose said. “I think that we were outbattled … They wanted it more.”

The Quakers were working from behind for most of the match as the Big Green got on the board in the 13th minute when a corner kick found its way into the net.

However, junior Kerry Scalora quickly answered back, sending a cross to the far post.

Scalora has been the Quakers’ offensive dynamite during the Ivy season.

The forward not only boasts the most goals on the team, she has also taken almost double the amount of shots than the next leading player. Saturday’s goal marks the fourth straight Ivy League goal that Scalora has been a part of, scoring three and assisting on a score against Cornell.

Scalora would have the only goal of the night for the Quakers.

With the score tied at one going into the second half, Dartmouth again struck early, scoring eight minutes in. Senior goalie Sarah Banks got a handle on the ball, but not soon enough. The play was ruled a goal as it crossed the plane before Banks made the save.

The Quakers, who have been strong in the second half throughout the season, came up short.

“We created good chances,” Ambrose said. “I don’t think we were firing on all cylinders in the second half. Dartmouth was more physical.”

Scalora played strong all night, with six shots, including three on goal. The Quakers offense had a couple of chances but was thwarted by Dartmouth goalie Tatiana Saunders, who recorded a season-high seven saves including two close attempts in the final minutes of the game.

“This is a big win for Dartmouth,” Ambrose said. “They wanted to beat us.”

The loss could set up a do-or-die moment for the Quakers as the Ivy season begins to come to a close.

Penn will face Yale next weekend and then last-place Brown before going head-to-head with the undefeated Tigers.

“We’ve just made it more difficult for ourselves,” Ambrose said, “We have to beat Princeton. It’s not over. We’ve just made it more difficult.”

Penn women’s soccer seeks quick start in Hanover

Freshman Elissa Berdini proving she’s a threat

Scalora scores game-winner for Penn women’s soccer