Facing much of the same competition they will see at the end of the month at the Penn Relays, the Penn men’s track and field team put forth a good showing at the Texas Relays this weekend.

Though the Red and Blue boasted no individual winners, a number of strong performances provided optimism for the future.

One performance of note was the 4×800-meter relay team Thursday.

The relay — composed of freshman Thomas Tallerico, junior John Foye, and seniors Mike Cunningham and James Finucane — posted a combined time of 7:37.6, good enough for a ninth-place finish.

Another impressive team was the Red and Blue’s sprint medley relay.

Quarter-miler Brian Rosenthal, 200-meter sprinters Mason Smith and Colin Donnelly, and 800-meter specialist Brian Fulton notched an 11th-place finish against a top-flight field with a time of 3:26.55.

A few individuals also shined for the Quakers.

In the javelin, sophomore Karl Ingram earned a ninth-place finish in the ‘B’ flight, continuing his strong start to the season with a series of throws that consistently approached 60 meters.

Also posting a top-10 finish was All-American high jumper Maalik Reynolds.

Reynolds matched his performance at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships with an eighth-place finish, but his maximum height of 2.10 meters fell short of his performances in recent weeks.

With the trip to Austin under their belt, the Red and Blue return home for the Penn Invite at Franklin Field.