0331crimemap

An interactive map of crimes committed around University City during the week of March 20 through March 26. Related article: Crime log: March 20-26

Assault

March 21 — A female student, 20, and a male student, 21, reported at about 3 a.m. that someone assaulted them on the 3900 block of Spruce Street.

Theft

March 25 — A male student, 22, reported at 1 p.m. that someone took his unattended laptop from Huntsman Hall.

March 25 — Ralph Echevarria, 30, unaffiliated with the University and of the 3800 block of Waylusing Avenue, was arrested at about 11:30 a.m. for allegedly attempting to remove items from the CVS store at 3925 Walnut St. without paying.

March 24 — A female student, 22, reported at about 9:15 a.m. that someone removed personal property from her secured vehicle on the 4000 block of Chancellor Street.

March 23 — A female student, 21, reported at 11 a.m. that someone removed her unattended laptop from Addams Hall.

March 23 — A female student, 22, reported at about 10:30 a.m. that an unknown suspect took her unattended property from Van Pelt Library.

March 23 — A female student, 20, reported at about 6 a.m. that someone removed her unattended belongings from Huntsman Hall.

March 23 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 20, reported at about 1:30 a.m. that someone took her unattended property from the 3900 block of Sansom Street.

March 22 — A male student, 23, reported at about 6:30 p.m. that someone removed his bicycle, secured with a cable lock, from the Schattner Center, located at 240 S. 40th St.

March 22 — Terrance Tolbert, 18, unaffiliated with the University and of the 3800 block of Fairmount Street, and a 17-year-old female juvenile, were arrested at 3:15 p.m. for allegedly attempting to remove items from Gap, located at 3401 Walnut St., without paying.

March 22 — Jessica Boney, 21, unaffiliated with the University and of the unit block of Wyoming Avenue, was arrested at about 2:15 a.m. for allegedly attempting to remove merchandise from Fresh Grocer, located at 4001 Walnut St., without paying.

March 21 — A male student, 21, reported at 8 p.m. that someone removed his unattended laptop from the 200 block of S. 39th Street.

March 21 — Euvonia Ellerby, 41, unaffiliated with the University and of the 4900 block of Kingsessing Way, and Lynette Stewart, 46, also unaffiliated with the University and of the 1200 block of Peters Street, were arrested at 6 p.m. for allegedly attempting to remove merchandise from Gap without paying.

March 21 — A female student, 20, reported at about 3:15 p.m. that someone removed her unattended property from the 200 block of S. 42nd Street.

March 21 — A male student, 19, reported at about 1:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed his unattended property from the 4000 block of Spruce Street.

March 20 — A 15-year-old female was arrested at about 3:45 p.m. for allegedly attempting to remove merchandise from Urban Outfitters, located at 110 S. 36th St., without paying.

March 20 — A University employee, 18, reported at about 2:30 p.m. that someone removed his unattended cell phone from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

March 20 — A man unaffiliated with the University reported at 12:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed personal property, left in plain view, from his secured vehicle on the 3000 block of Walnut Street.

Fraud

March 24 — A female University employee, 26, reported at about 4:15 p.m. from the Women’s Center that someone made fraudulent charges on her credit cards.

March 22 — At about 1:15 p.m., cash was reported missing from Marathon Grill, located at 200 S. 40th St.

Harassment

March 25 — A female student, 20, reported at about 2:15 a.m. from the 3800 block of Locust Walk that she received unwanted communications from a known suspect.

All information was provided by the Division of Public Safety.
View Crime map: March 20-26 in a larger map