In a marked break from tradition, the Social Planning and Events Concerts Committee will announce the first of three Spring Fling performers Monday by way of a scavenger hunt.

Throughout the day, the group will place letters from the artist’s name around campus, explained Concerts Director Rachel Darivoff, a College senior. Students will be asked to send pictures of the letters to 34th Street Magazine’s blog, Under the Button.

At the end of the day a “prominent campus figure” will present the name of the artist, Darivoff said.

But some students say, while the new plan sounds fun, they don’t think they will participate.

“I have a lot of classes,” College freshman Liz Cummings said. “Even if I try, other people would send it in before me.”

Likewise, although College junior Rachel Romeo admitted the event “sounds like fun,” she said she “probably won’t be around enough on Monday” to participate.

“I’ll probably check the blog at the end of the night,” College junior Will Steinberger said.

Darivoff said she is “apprehensive” but “confident,” adding that the hunt has had “an overwhelmingly good response so far.”

The corresponding Facebook event had more than 1,100 attendees by Thursday night.

“I don’t know if it will work,” said 34th Street Editor-in-Chief Sarah Beth McKay, a College junior, “but I hope people will be excited enough to participate.”

Darivoff said SPEC hopes to announce the second and third artists before and after spring break, respectively, but is uncertain if that will happen — some contracts have not been finalized.

Past Fling performers have included Akon, Guster, Ludacris, Gym Class Heroes, OK Go, Ben Folds and Third Eye Blind.