Kaplan Test Prep celebrated the grand opening of its new University City branch in the Radian building with number two pencils and Scantron sheets Sunday in the first event of the week-long series at the center.

Students took part in free practice tests, including the GRE, MCAT, LSAT and NCLEX Sunday afternoon, followed by socializing at the new center, which opened Oct. 17.

On Tuesday, Kaplan will have an official ribbon-cutting ceremony with city council member Jannie Blackwell.

Each day, Monday through Friday, the center will host a series of events relating to post higher-ed test prep. On Monday, Scientific American Publisher Bruce Brandfon will discuss science and technology education.

Kaplan will also host musical performances, discussion panels and workshops on different topics.

Monday’s events will focus on medical school admissions, Tuesday on business school, Wednesday on law school, Thursday on the GRE, and Friday on English as a foreign language.

Kaplan moved from its previous location at 220 S. 40th St. due to space constraints, and now has what Andy Mendelson, Center Director for Kaplan, called a “state-of-the-art class facility” under the Radian.