If Penn’s most fashionable ladies can’t go to Los Angeles, Los Angeles’ top fashion must come to the ladies.

And this week, Penn women do not need to travel to the west coast to hear the most up-to-date and practical fashion advice.

Instead, Bonnie Friedman — stylist to stars like Freida Pinto and Jake Gyllenhaal — and award-winning local boutique owner Joan Shepp will give keynote speeches and conduct workshops at Wharton Women’s “Dressing for Success” event tonight. The annual philanthropic event, which will begin at 7 p.m., aims to educate women on how to dress professionally yet stylishly.

The event will see a broad keynote speech by Shepp about how to integrate personal style into professional wear, followed by a silent auction, a raffle and workshops lead by Douglas Cosmetics and Friedman herself.

Organizing chair and Wharton junior Tricia Chandiramani said she feels that the new workshops will give girls the opportunity to interact with speakers “on a more personal level,” as well as learn useful tips like how to find professional clothes that flatter one’s body type.

This year, proceeds from the event will go to the Women’s Alliance instead of the American Cancer Society. The organization aims to empower lower-income women by equipping them with professional clothing and instilling interviewing skills.

Chandiramani said the committee found the Alliance’s goals “better suited” to the event, but she was quick to add that cancer awareness and research remain a priority to the club. Wharton Women organized “Penn Thinks Pink” last month to cater to breast cancer awareness specifically, she said.

The raffle tonight will offer prizes like a Longchamp Le Piage bag and necklaces from Club Monaco, which will give every girl an equal chance to go home with something special, she added.

“Dressing for Success” will take place in the MBA Cafe in Huntsman Hall. Entry fee is $5 for girls who are not members of Wharton Women, and raffle tickets can be bought with a minimum donation of $3 for three tickets.

Besides the chance to win prizes, participants can look forward to goody bags that include discount coupons and complimentary facials and massages.

“I hope girls who come will feel good about having given back to the community and that they will have fun and learn something while doing so,” Chandiramani said.