The name Harry Potter often sparks nostalgia among students. Many recall waiting by the mailboxes on their 11th birthday anxiously awaiting an acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but on Sunday the disappointed masses have an opportunity to live out their childhood fantasies.

From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology will be transformed to hold an event entitled Harry Potter and the Magical Muggle Museum.

Anthropology professor and event coordinator Louise Krasniewicz said attendees "will be anywhere between two and 105" years old and can go to potions class, taste Butterbeer, practice Quidditch, learn Latin for wizards and be sorted by the sorting hat.

If the Potter fans complete five activities, they will receive a degree in Wizarding.

Presented by Krasniewicz's course "Mythology and the Movies," the event is expected to draw several thousand people.

The class met yesterday for the final time before Sunday. The energy was contagious as students fine-tuned costumes and finalized preparations for the event.

Dozens of students, about 20 professors and 10 museum staff members will run classes and games while dressed up as famed Harry Potter characters from the seven best selling novels.

Fans will be able to interact with Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and the whole Weasley family. They can also learn from Professors Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall and Pomona Sprout. Lord Voldemort -- or "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" - will be making appearances near an outdoor maze.

To practice for their roles, two students created a booth where kids can buy magic wands for 25 cents. Ollivander was instructed to give his name, to use the mantra "the wand picks the wizard" but to allow kids as many tries as necessary to find "the one."

The student playing Remus Lupin will be giving out chocolates. Krasniewicz told him to be clever using phrases such as, "You were hurt by a dementor? I hear chocolate helps."

The event costs $8 for adults and $5 for kids but is free with a PennCard.