Last Tuesday, as I watched the voter turnout numbers come in and then observed the march on City Hall by Obama supporters, I couldn't have been more proud of Penn. It was deeply gratifying to see the entire community so engaged in the democratic process.

And for the staff of The Daily Pennsylvanian, it was a memorable end to a long year of elections coverage.

Indeed, the year has been full of pleasant surprises - the unforeseen importance of Pennsylvania's Democratic Presidential Primary, the response to our Opinion Board's endorsement of Hillary Clinton in that contest and Tuesday's spontaneous rally.

On Election Day, we sent reporter Colin Kavanaugh to Chicago to cover the Obama campaign and we had a team monitoring everything going on around campus. In the spirit of 21st-century journalism, they blogged and "Twittered" about what they saw throughout the day on dailypennsylvanian.com.

The day before, we also published our Voters Guide. We hope it was helpful to you in navigating the myriad issues of the presidential campaign and making educated decisions about local elections.

I'd like to congratulate all of the DP staff members involved in putting this coverage together.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. And feel free to make your voice heard by writing a letter to the editor.

The elections presented us with unique challenges and opportunities. Presidential Campaign 2008, we'll miss you!

David Lei is a Wharton junior from Brooklyn, N.Y. and executive editor of The Daily Pennsylvanian. His e-mail is lei@dailypennsylvanian.com