For Carol Baniqued, a Wharton junior described as a "TV addict" by her closest friends, the Writer's Guild of America Strike could have symbolized the apocalypse.

But now that it's over, Penn students are realizing that while they missed TV, the strike wasn't as bad as they thought.

The WGA Strike - which lasted exactly 100 days, from Nov. 5, 2007 to Feb. 12, 2008- held up over 70 shows on network TV, including favorites like Grey's Anatomy, The Office and the season premiere of 24.

"The strike's effect on me personally wasn't huge," College junior Nate Davis said. "There are a few shows I try to catch on a regular basis, like Scrubs, The Daily Show and Conan O'Brien, but for me the strike was much more important as a social-justice issue."

During the strike, Baniqued was upset that a lot of her favorites were held, but she used it as an opportunity to explore what else was out there - on TV, that is.

"While the writer's strike was going on, I just looked for new shows to watch so I didn't run out of things to do," Baniqued said.

Baniqued said she would start watching new shows in the middle of their seasons and then do a mini-marathon each day to catch up to the recent episodes.

"I was always entertained," she said. "I'm just in big trouble now, since I have to follow all the new shows plus the ones that are coming back on the air."

For College freshman Sabrina Benun, a fan of The Office and House, the strike was a little more annoying.

"It was really frustrating to have them stop so abruptly and only have half-seasons," Benun said.

But the strike did free up a few more study hours each night.

"I think that as a result of the strike, I started watching less TV, and I'm still watching less," Benun said.

For others, however, it just meant they had to find another way to pass the time.

"I suck at managing my time anyway, so when I wasn't 'wasting' it watching TV, I was probably doing something similarly unproductive," Davis said.

"That being said, I'm glad the shows I do watch will be coming back," he added.

With the end of the strike, students are wondering when their favorite shows are coming back, and sometimes they aren't happy with the answers.

The new season of 24, for example, is being held until January 2009, evoking displeasure from many fans.

"It's horrible that 24 didn't start when it should have," Baniqued said.

Shows like Desperate Housewives, House and Gossip Girl, among others, are scheduled to start airing again in early April.

New favorites like Pushing Daisies and Heroes are being held until next fall.