The University of Pennsylvania's School of Social Policy and Practice will host a symposium next week to address ways for charitable donors to assess whether they are, in fact, affecting their designated causes.

Former Penn President Judith Rodin will deliver the keynote speech of the "Benjamin Franklin Leadership Symposium."

Rodin is currently the president of the Rockefeller Foundation, which channels billions of dollars to various institutions across the globe.

Rodin, along with a slew of other professors, will focus on how the University should handle its own billion-dollar donations.

"After a record-breaking year of $100 million-plus donations, including Warren Buffet's historic gift to the Gates Foundation, it's never been more important for philanthropists to answer the question, 'How do I know I'm having an impact?'" Katherina Rosqueta, executive director at Penn's Center for High Impact Philanthropy, said in a press statement last week.

Other panelists includes Eric Adler of The Seed Foundation, Melissa Berman of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, William Eastburn of the Bucks Mont Katrina Relief Project and Sheila Johnson of the Sheila C. Johnson Foundation.

Political Science professor John DiIulio and Michael Useem, director for the Center for Leadership and Change Management at Wharton, will moderate the panel.

The symposium will take place on April 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at the Prince Theater in the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.