The Undergraduate Assembly released its Mid-Year Report, detailing major accomplishments from last semester and outlining projects currently in the works, in a school-wide e-mail sent Monday night.

Highlighted UA activity featured in the report ranged from introducing the student body to Ruckus - the free online music downloading service that is reportedly used by 6,000 students - and increasing the number of shuttles to the airport during vacation seasons to promoting advocacy for the rights of AlliedBaron security guards.

The report, compiled by Engineering junior and UA secretary Dipal Patel, also detailed over 40 projects the UA is currently working on.

"We expect to see a lot of projects completed by the end of the semester. . It's encouraging to see projects that are underway," Patel said.

Some lesser-known accomplishments included in the report:

n The creation of the Center for Teaching & Learning Undergraduate Advisory Board - comprised of representatives from the UA, the Student Committee on Undergraduate Education and some appointed by the Nominations and Elections Committee - that will serve as a forum for students to give feedback about their professors.

n The creation of off-campus housing seminars, which were hosted by the UA in conjunction with the Office of Off-Campus Living. Over 100 students attended the two seminars, which aimed to educate students about various housing options and moving off campus.

n A substance-free housing program was added to Fisher-Hassenfeld College House for the Class of 2011. There are about 20 spots available in program, and at least 10 upperclassman attended last semester's information sessions about the new program.

The report additionally listed updates on existent UA proposals to better University-run online programs - Blackboard, Penn InTouch and Penn Portal - as well as to push for improvements to the laundry facilities, student-health services and dining this semester.

Wharton senior and UA chair Brett Thalmann said he was pleased at what the UA had achieved this semester.

"I definitely think that it comes through in the comprehensiveness and breadth of our Mid-Year Rreport," he said.

The Mid-Year Report can be found at http://dolphin.upenn.edu/~ua/Mid-Year%20Report%202006-2007.pdf.