Penn coach Fran Dunphy is staying tight-lipped on the possibility that he may become Temple's next basketball coach.

But the media is not the only group of people left guessing about whether Dunphy will stay or go -- his incoming recruits are doing the same.

"The only stuff that I've heard is that he's in consideration for the job," said Justin Reilly, a 6-foot-8 forward at Jesuit College Preparatory School in Dallas.

Reilly says that he's talked with some of the assistants on Penn's staff since rumors started circulating that Dunphy was a favorite for the job and that they have no additional information on Dunphy's status.

If Dunphy leaves, it will not be the first time that Reilly has had to work under a new coach. His high school coach this season was also new.

As for whether the Penn coach's departure would cause Reilly to look elsewhere to play college basketball, the McDonald's All-American candidate said that's unlikely.

"Of course it's a concern," he said. "I love coach Dunphy, but I love Penn too."

Darren Smith, a 6-3 guard from New Jersey's Peddie School, also expects to go to Penn next year even if Dunphy were to leave.

"Right now, I think it probably won't change anything," he said. "He was obviously a reason for me to go there, but he definitely wasn't the only reason."

Penn's third recruit for next year, 6-8 forward Andreas Schreiber from Southern California's Brentwood School, could not be reached for comment, as his school is on spring break.

For now, Reilly and Smith will focus on finishing out their high school days and preparing for a Penn education.

Reilly will spend his summer training in Texas with George Lynch, who played for the NBA's New Orleans Hornets last year and was on the Sixers' team that reached the finals in 2001.

In August, he'll come to campus for a Penn pre-orientation program.

Reilly is excited to start playing for Penn, particularly after seeing them play in person at this year's NCAA Tournament. The game against Texas was held just minutes from his school -- Penn even practiced at his high school in preparation for the game.

"I was in Florida a few days before the game," Reilly said. "I flew back just in time for the game."

Reilly thinks that the location hurt the Quakers.

"If it had been anywhere else but Texas, they would have won," he said. "But the crowd was so biased. The whole stadium was orange."

Smith, who played last night in a Mercer County all-star game, said he's also excited to start his Penn career.

He was able to watch the Quakers in action this season against Dartmouth and Saint Joseph's and even got to play in the Palestra against Penn's JV team.

Smith also attended Penn's final practice at the Palestra this season before the team headed to Dallas.

"I'm very excited about starting class and moving in," he said.