College senior Drew Crockett took home the Big Man on Campus crown last night at Club Egypt in front of nearly 1,000 attendees.

Sponsored by Alpha Chi Omega, which has been seeking the BMOC for the past five years, the event has raised thousands of dollars for charities. This year, the sorority brought in over $7,000 for Women Against Abuse.

According to College senior and BMOC chairwoman Ashley Lewis, the pageant for senior men is the sorority's biggest event of the year.

The planning begins each fall, when the sorority compiles a list of senior men from all walks of Penn life -- spanning from athletes to a cappella singers to nurses. There are just two small criteria: Seniors must be hot, and they can't be shy.

The chosen few receive formal invitations from the sorority and then decide whether they want to start searching for form-fitting bathing suits and practicing choreographed dances.

"All said 'yes' the next day," Lewis said.

From that moment on, the 13 seniors have been preparing for the competition, which entails an opening dance, swimsuit competition, talent show and formal attire and question round.

Interviewed the day before the event, Nursing senior Steve Delp, one of this year's aspiring BMOCs, was excited for his moment in the spotlight.

"I was born ready for this," he said.

Known as "Naked Steve," he assured his audience that his clothes would come off at the event and that his talent act included a range of stunts, from gymnastic moves -- accompanied by twirling a pink ribbon -- to stripping.

And that was only the beginning.

"My boys are all as real straight-up crazy as me," he said, speaking about his fellow contestants.

Many students have been excited for this event long before ticket sales began.

"The acts are really fun. ... I've been looking forward to it for a while," College sophomore Diana Zalewski said.

Four sorority alumnae judged the event, equipped with oversized Olympic-esque scoring cards.

Crockett, from Rosemont, Pa., took not only the 2004-05 BMOC title, but also a free spring break vacation as his prize package.

"This is a great cause and we're really happy that we get to do this event," Lewis said.

College sophomore Sarah-Jane Parker agreed.

BMOC was "completely successful -- everyone had a good time and even better, the money went to charity."