[Todd Savitz/DP File Photo]

University City's own Bubble House offers diners large portions of dishes that boast lots of flavor -- you may have to undo your belt if you plan to order multiple courses.

My guest and I each started with a bubble tea latte ($2.95), an experience in itself. The "bubbles" in the tea are made of tapioca, and the texture -- something along the lines of really soft gummy worms -- is not for the faint of heart.

Bubble House
3404 Sansom St. (215) 243-0804 Fare: Asian fusion and vegetarian Trendy Asian cuisine in a close, on-campus location.
For appetizers, we ordered sweet potato fries ($3.25) and Thai-style baby steamed clams ($7.25). The fries, served with a side of orange ginger sauce, offered an ideal combination of sweet and tangy.

The clams, however, came with a butter sauce that was less impressive.

We ordered the Thai red coconut curry spiced chicken (12.75) and life-garlic chicken & shrimp ($12.95) for entrees.

Both were heavy, and half of either would have been a filling meal. The curry dish was slightly spicy and heavy on the coconut -- extremely flavorful.

The same goes for the chicken and shrimp entree. The lime in the sauce was pronounced, and although the kitchen went light on the shrimp, the dish was definitely satisfying.

But the best part of the meal was probably the dessert. We ordered a slice of peanut butter and chocolate pie (5.62 w/ tax) and a piece of chocolate tuxedo cake (5.62 w/ tax).

Even though my guest really did have to remove her belt in the middle of the course, we finished them both -- right down to the last dollop of whipped cream.

Perhaps the menu's greatest asset is that it offers something for just about any taste and budget.

Mid-priced salads and appetizers are generally substantial dishes and range from a relatively traditional sounding grilled chicken wrap to more exotic lemon grass dumplings.

But if you are looking for a bigger meal, Bubble House offers sophisticated entrees as well.

Service was accommodating, even a bit too speedy -- when our entrees came, we had some of our tea and half of our appetizers left.

Whether you are in the mood for bubble tea, a small snack, a full meal or something sweet, Bubble House has it all -- but my suggestion is to sample just one at a time.