The body of David Dantzler-Wolfe was found in the Schuylkill River by the South Street Bridge. The Wharton junior had been missing for a semester. [Marie Forgeard/The Daily Pennsylvanian]

A postmortem evaluation of missing student David Dantzler-Wolfe's body revealed no indication of foul play, according to Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush.

Dantzler-Wolfe's body was found in the Schuylkill River by the South Street Bridge on the morning of May 2.

The Wharton junior was last seen around 8 a.m. on Dec. 10 in Harnwell College House, where he lived.

Dantzler-Wolfe was the subject of an investigation by the University Police Department for allegedly entering a female student's "abode" and videotaping her, according to sources in the University and Philadelphia Police departments.

The investigation of the Wharton junior began prior to his disappearance on Dec. 10.

A passerby walking across the South Street Bridge on May 2 noticed something large floating in the water and called 911. The Philadelphia and University Police departments then worked with the Philadelphia Police Marine Unit to recover Dantzler-Wolfe's body.

"The body was very decomposed," Rush said on May 2. "So it would be very consistent with the amount of time that has passed since he was determined missing."

Because the body was severely decomposed, the autopsy report -- which was conducted on May 3 -- was unable to reveal the manner and cause of death, Rush said.

When "you have someone in a river that long, it's very difficult," she said.

"It's very difficult to tell without getting gruesome...," Deputy Chief of Investigations Bill Danks added. "It's very difficult to tell, when somebody's been in the water for that period of time, there are extreme and extraordinary changes to the body. Very difficult."

Several pieces of identification, including a PennCard, were found on the body. In addition, a hooded sweatshirt with writing found on the body matched a description of a sweatshirt Dantzler-Wolfe's mother had purchased for him right before his disappearance that had been missing from his closet.

About 80 members of the Penn community gathered on May 7 for a memorial service organized by members of the a cappella group Chord on Blues, the Office of the Chaplain and the Office of the Vice Provost for University Life.

Dantzler-Wolfe, originally from North Carolina, was a member of Chord on Blues.

The service took place in Irvine Auditorium, "on stage because he loved performing so much," Student Performing Arts Coordinator Ty Furman said.

"It was a very nice community event, a very meaningful community event," he added.

University President Judith Rodin voiced a sense of loss once Dantzler-Wolfe's body was found.

"It is truly a tragedy when a young and promising life is lost," she wrote in an e-mail. "Our hearts go out to David's family and friends at this very difficult time."