Sophomore Edward Anderton, shown against Rider, and the Penn men's swimming team finished 14th at the ECAC Champs in Pittsburgh. [Todd Savitz/DP File Photo]

M. Swimming takes 14th at ECACs The Penn men's swimming team finished 14th this weekend at the annual Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference championships. Featuring almost half of Penn's official roster, the event served as the last hurrah for those selected. "It was a fun last event for us," Penn freshman Jason Oberman said. "Most people swam really well and had fun." Just one week before the team's major EISL Championships, ECACs provided head coach Mike Schnur a chance to give several swimmers valuable experience. The team's 38 first-day points put them in the 12th-place spot. After 38 more Saturday, the Red and Blue surged back Sunday to stay within the top-15 teams. This strong finish, Oberman explains, might be in part due to a newcomer in their audience -- their head coach. "It was great to see him," Oberman said of Schnur's showing after the women's Ivy League championships. "[Assistant coach Cathy Holland] did an awesome job keeping us focused and it was cool that coach came back at the end." -- Robert Lockwood