The Alpha Chi Omega sorority, whose house is located at 3906 Spruce Street, is currently under investigation by the Office of Student Conduct. [Abby Stanglin/The Daily Pennsylvanian]

The Alpha Chi Omega sorority is currently being investigated by the Office of Student Conduct, according to Scott Reikofski, director of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs. The sorority's president Vivian Rotter said that it is being investigated for allegedly planning a hazing event that never occurred. She added that the sorority and its pledges met last night, when Rotter explained the situation, and all sorority-run events have been canceled until the investigation is over. OSC Director Michele Goldfarb said her office investigates possible hazing incidents. "Our office generally only gets involved in investigating cases which involve allegations of hazing or allegations of alcohol and other drug policy violations, both of which would violate the recognition policy," she said. "It's a good bet that those are the nature of these allegations, but I don't have any details at this stage." The investigation was initiated by OFSA when Reikofski received some information, the nature of which he would not divulge, and passed it along to OSC. "I can say that we have a couple things that we are questioning, and we asked the Office of Student Conduct to look into it," Reikofski said. "I found some information that was questionable." Reikofski would not indicate whether or not the matter is related to the sorority's new-member education program. "It's not where someone came up and said, 'Look, I have some concerns,' or 'Someone made me do something.' A couple of things I thought were concerns prompted the investigation," Reikofski said. Goldfarb said that the investigation has not yet started and that she is unaware of the specifics of this case. "I don't have any documents on the case, I don't have any information," Goldfarb said. "I have no allegations that I feel comfortable sharing." Both Reikofski and Goldfarb expressed confidence that this investigation would be quick. "Honestly, I have no idea what will come of this," Reikofski said. "We've had some similar situations in the past, and once Student Conduct did their investigation, there was no violation of University policy." "It may be that, or it may be that there are violations," Reikofski added. "I'm hoping it's going to be a quick investigation," Goldfarb said. "We move pretty quickly when it comes to cases referred to us by OFSA."