Penn lacrosse senior Jen Hartman has tallied 13 goals thus far this season. [Will Burhop/DP File Photo]

The Penn women's lacrosse team will have to capitalize on its scoring opportunities this weekend if the Quakers hope to knock off No. 18 Dartmouth.

The Quakers will travel to Hanover, N.H. to take on their Ivy League rival Saturday afternoon.

Penn's last game, Wednesday afternoon's disappointing 6-5 loss to Rutgers, opened the Quakers' eyes to their lack of offensive productivity.

While the Quakers managed to create 36 shots against the Scarlet Knights, Penn only mustered five goals on the day.

"The bottom line was we out hustled them [Rutgers]," Penn coach Karin Brower said. "We were the stronger team -- we just couldn't score."

Scoring will not be easy for the Quakers this weekend if highly-touted Dartmouth goalkeeper Sarah Hughes proves to be her usual, dominating self.

Hughes, a native of nearby Broomall, PA., was last year's first team All-Ivy goalkeeper selection as well as a third-team All-American.

"She is one of the top goalies in the country," Brower said. "Playing against strong goalies has hurt us. We need to respect her, but we also need to come out ready to play."

Penn will also need to respect the potent Dartmouth attack, which includes two first-team All-Ivy selections from last season.

Senior midfielder Alison Moulin led the Big Green on Tuesday in their 13-9 defeat of Boston University.

Moulin netted three goals while handing out two assists.

Dartmouth's other scoring threat is senior attacker Jenn Newitt. Newitt scored four goals in the Big Green's victory on Tuesday.

The Quakers relish their underdog status against a powerful Dartmouth team.

"We are the underdog going into the game, but we tend to play better that way," Brower said. "They are a great team that moves the ball very well."

Besides looking to improve on its shooting percentage, Penn will also look to increase both their offensive and defensive pressure.

"We need to pressure hard using double teams and good slides," Brower said. "We also need to work on our team movement in the attack and improve our shot selection."

Shot selection aside, Saturday's game offers the Quakers a tremendous opportunity to upset a tough Ivy League opponent.

A win would also move the Quakers above .500 overall (5-5) and in the Ivy League(2-2).

"We need to come out and play a whole game," Brower said. "If we do, we can win."