Jen Hartman and the Penn women's lacrosse team are looking to move to .500 today when they face the University of Delaware in Newark, Del.[Will Burhop/DP File Photo]

The Penn women's lacrosse team will play two games in one weekend for the first time under third-year coach Karin Brower.

The Quakers will travel to Newark, Del., this afternoon to take on the University of Delaware.

Penn will have little time to recover before traveling to Boston, Mass., with the hopes of handing Ivy League rival Harvard its second league loss of the season on Sunday.

The Quakers did not play Delaware last year, but recognize the Blue Hens' underrated ability.

"Delaware is fast and strong. They have had some tough loses to good teams," Brower said. "They are looking for a breakout game -- that game is us."

Delaware (2-7) enters the game after being mauled by Princeton, 17-6, on Wednesday.

Today's game offers the Quakers (3-4, 1-2) an opportunity to earn a second win in a row and even their record.

"The winner will be the team that goes out and makes the least amount of mistakes and wants it more," Brower said.

Wanting to win will not be the Quakers' only ingredient for success.

Penn will need to get the ball past stingy Delaware goalkeeper, Laurie Tortorelli. She is a team co-captain and was recognized as an All-American candidate at the beginning of the year.

"She is one of the best goalies we will face all year," Brower said. "She can clear the ball 70 yards no problem and intercepts left and right. We will have to worry about her."

Tortorelli will not be the Quakers' only worry this weekend. Penn will also have to put forth a strong showing against Harvard (3-4, 0-1) on Sunday.

Last year, Penn knocked off the Crimson, 13-8, in a surprising victory.

It is a feat Penn knows it will be hard-pressed to duplicate this season.

Harvard is "out to get us," Brower said. "I hope my team is ready to rise to the occasion because it is going to be a battle."

The Crimson are coming off a battle of its own -- an 11-10 win over Boston University on Wednesday.

In the win, Harvard was led by freshman sensation Elaine Belitsos.

For the second-straight game Belitsos scored a hat trick. She previously netted three goals in Harvard's 9-8 loss to Yale.

The freshman attacker will amount to another defensive challenge for the Quakers in a talented Crimson arsenal.

Penn's biggest challenge, however, will be maintaining focus for two winnable games this weekend.

"We have the potential to win both and the potential to lose both," Brower said. "I don't like to accept anything less than two wins -- but it could happen."