Looking to end their season with a successful performance, the Penn gymnastics team will compete in the ECAC Championships at 1 p.m. on Saturday at William and Mary.

The team has struggled so far this season, dropping meets to fellow Ivies Cornell, Brown, and Yale, and placing fourth at the Ivy Classic.

"It's been a long season," Penn freshman Colleen McGue said, "the key to this meet is just having fun."

In their last meet, however, the Quakers (3-4, 0-3 Ivy League) topped West Chester and Wilson, with freshman Leah Moon and College McGue and sophomore Christy Green leading the way.

Seven teams will compete in the Championship including the three other Ivy League squads -- Yale, Cornell and Brown.

The Quakers will also face William and Mary, Vermont and James Madison. Out of these three, Penn has only faced William and Mary, who finished third at the George Washington Invitational on Jan 19. Penn was fifth in that same invitational.

The Red and Blue will look to improve upon last years fourth-place finish and hopefully to avenge losses to the other Ivies.

"We'd like to place a little better than last year and beat out a few of the Ivy teams," said McGue. "We'd love to beat Yale of course."

The Quakers have been plagued with dehibilitating injuries this season.

Captains Lauren Hittner and Juliana Mariani, the only seniors on the team, will both be sidelined for their final meet. Hittner recently tore her ACL at the Ivy Classic in February.

Almost all of the previously injured gymnasts will remain out for the final meet.

"Whether they're competing or not, we still look to them as leaders," Penn sophomore Christy Green said of the captains.

Coming off of a few days vacation for Spring Break, the Quakers had particularly intense practices this week in preparation for their final meet, and at this point they are focusing on execution.

"We're all set with our team, it's just like another practice now. We know what to do and how to do it," McGue said.

A strong finish to the season would help raise the team's confidence going into the off-season.

With a relatively young squad, eight freshmen and four sophomores, the future of the team is promising.

But for now, the Red and Blue are focusing on ending this season successfully.

"We've gotten all our nerves out," McGlure said, "this is the best we should do all season."