There is still no new information being provided by the Office of Student Conduct or the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs over a recent reported incident involving the Sigma Delta Tau sorority.

The OSC is currently investigating the sorority in response to an incident reported last Wednesday by OFSA.

OSC Director Michele Goldfarb said last week that the incident, which is reported to have occurred last Tuesday night, appeared to be alcohol-related.

The OSC has not yet confirmed whether the incident occurred during a pledge-related activity.

Numerous members of the Sigma Delta Tau sorority, including members of the freshman pledge class, would not provide information regarding the situation or comment on the investigation when contacted within the last week.

And over the past several days, OFSA Director Scott Reikofski has not returned calls for comment.

Panhellenic Council President Alison Ng said she believes many sorority members do not have much information about the situation.

"It's in the Office of Student Conduct's hands," the Wharton junior said. "Until people have more details, we want to let the investigation go on... [the OSC] will come to a conclusion... we'll just have to wait and see what they find."

Ng stressed that she believes speculation about the situation will not help the investigation move forward.

InterFraternity Council President Conor Daly also said silence on this issue may help the investigation progress.

"We're not trying to hide anything," the College junior said.

He added, "No one wants to taint the investigation."

Daly said that the majority of fraternity and sorority members are not aware of all of the facts of the incident and that "no one wants rumors flying around."

"Things have to be figured out on the OSC level," Daly said.

Daly also said that the Greek community's decision to avoid speculation about the situation would be no different if a fraternity -- rather than a sorority -- was under investigation for this type of incident. In either case, he said, it is important for people to avoid making "snap judgments."

Last week, officials at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania said that early Wednesday morning, three Penn students were treated in the emergency room but were not admitted as patients. HUP officials declined to release any information about what the students were treated for.