The Penn volleyball team has been tearing through the Ivy League, and it will be tough for any team to stop its momentum.

And on paper, stopping that momentum is a task made even tougher for a team dwelling in the league cellar.

But that will be the mission of both Harvard and Dartmouth, who are currently battling it out in the Ancient Eight basement and were eliminated from contention for the 2001 Ivy crown last weekend.

The Quakers host the Big Green tonight at 7 p.m., and will face the Crimson tomorrow at 4 p.m. Both matches will be played at the Palestra.

And even though Penn (14-4, 8-1 Ivy League) has already notched straight-game victories over both teams earlier this season, the Quakers aren't counting out either team.

"I think they're always going to try to bring their best game when they play us," Penn sophomore outside hitter Katie Brandt said. "We're the team to beat, so every team we play from now until the end of the season is going to try to take us out."

One of the leaders in the Dartmouth (7-13, 2-8) effort to dethrone the Quakers is senior outside hitter Ashley Dean. The dominant player on the Big Green squad, Dean leads the team in both kills per game (3.73) and digs per game (4.80).

Dartmouth will need to put up much stronger numbers offensively against the Red and Blue than it has been recently if it wants to have a shot at the upset.

The Big Green are last in the league in both hitting percentage and kills per game, and those statistical deficiencies have played a large part in Dartmouth's current six-match losing streak.

Harvard (9-11, 2-8) is also currently suffering from a six-match slide.

The Crimson will be counting on freshman standout Kaego Ogbechie to play a large role in the effort to end the Red and Blue's six-match win streak.

"Harvard has some great hitters, like Kaego, who is just awesome," Penn senior setter Jodie Antypas said.

"We're going to have to play as hard as we possibly can to win."

And so will both of this weekend's visitors at the Palestra.