With today's issue, The Daily Pennsylvanian officially comes under new leadership as the 117th Board of Managers and Editors takes the reins of one of the nation's oldest and most respected college newspapers. We bring to the task of running this newspaper the experience of being reporters, photographers, designers and business staff members in years past. We come with a great desire to develop as journalists and as businesspeople. But most of all, we bring to our new roles a great love for both Penn and the City of Philadelphia. In the course of the coming year, you'll see all of those qualities exemplified as we strive to keep the DP at the forefront of college journalism. Our news stories will continue to explain what's happening on and around the Penn campus, and what it means to you. And new, in-depth analysis will bring an easy-to-understand dimension to complicated issues. Our Perspective section -- found Tuesdays on page three -- will expand even further, while our photos will appear even more professional thanks to new digital technology. More than ever, the editorial page will be a forum for diverse campus discussion, with new sections designed to provide focused, multi-faceted looks at important issues. Our sports section will continue to bring you in-your-face coverage of all Penn athletics, while providing more graphical elements and a special supplement on the Penn Relays. 34th Street, our arts and entertainment magazine, will find an envigorated place in cyberspace this year, and its print edition will work even harder to become the premier source for information on Philadelphia entertainment options. This year will prove to be an exciting one for dailypennsylvanian.com, as we introduce a new look along with some exciting original content. Even the very look of our newspaper will change this year, as we introduce some key design changes to our front page and inside layout. As always, we are proud to be editorially and financially independent from the University -- and even prouder to be the primary source of news on the Penn campus. We take such a responsibility very seriously, and consider your trust the true hallmark of our success. To that end, we ask you, our readers, to let us know how best to serve our community. And for those of you who may desire to confront some of these many challenges, we invite you to join our staff.