Last weekend, Penn's top three men's squash players headed to Williams College to square off against this season's best players in the National Intercollegiate Squash Racquets Association Individual Championships. Penn, coming off a fifth-place finish in its bracket at the NISRA Team Championships, sent junior co-captain Peter Withstandley and sophomores John Griffin and Roberto Kriete to the individual tournament. The trio began play Friday morning in Williamstown, Mass. Withstandley, who managed a 5-9 record this season at the No. 1 position for Penn, was matched up against Harvard senior Tim Wyant, the tournament's No. 3 seed. Wyant was selected as an All-American for the fourth time this season. Withstandley fell to Wyant 3-0 in match play this season and was defeated again by the same margin. Withstandley was edged again in the consolation round by national champion Trinity's Rohan Bhappu. Kriete, who competed at the No. 2 spot for Penn this season, faced off against Williams' Win Tangjaitrong, a second team All-American this year. Like Withstandley, Kriete lost his match in three games. A similar fate befell Griffin, losing 3-0 to Harvard's Shondip Ghosh. This loss set up an intra-squad matchup in the consolation round, pitting Griffin against teammate Kriete on Saturday. Griffin, after falling behind Kriete 2-1, came back to win in 5 games. The victory made Griffin the sole member of the Quakers trio to move on past the first round of the consolation bracket. Griffin took the court Saturday against Trinity's Rohan Juneja in what turned into a five-match seesaw effort. Griffin took the first game, 15-9, followed by a second game loss by the same score. They also split the next two games, Griffin winning the first and Juneja winning the second. In the fifth and deciding game, Juneja won the final point at a 14-14 tie to clinch victory and a berth into the next round. In overall tournament play, Princeton's Peter Yik, winner of the Pool Trophy as the season's national singles champion, defeated fellow first team All-American Preston Quick of Trinity to take the tournament championship. Trinity's Jonathan Smith won the consolation bracket.