Lauren Hittner will represent the Penn gymnastics team as the No. 2 seed in the all-around. Even though the Penn gymnastics team's season ended with the ECAC Championships on March 18, sophomore Lauren Hittner and junior Jenn Capasso haven't packed up for the year just yet. For only the fifth time in Penn history -- but for the fourth straight year -- the Quakers will be represented at the NCAA Regionals this Saturday at Penn State. Hittner will head into competition seeded second in the individual all-around, behind only Rhode Island's Marissa Medal. Capasso's fate is not as certain, as she will be an alternate both in the all-around and individual balance beam event. "The fact that we're sending two gymnasts to Regionals is a testament to the level of competition of this team," Penn coach Tom Kovic said. "We're consistently performing at high levels." Only the gymnasts with the top seven individual scores in the all-around and the four events -- uneven bars, balance beam, vault and floor exercise -- from teams that did not qualify for regionals can compete. The Ivy League is well represented in individual all-around competition with Yale and Brown sending one representative each, meaning that three of the gymnasts who will perform in the all-around will represent the Ancient Eight. However, instead of rotating with her Ivy rivals, Hittner will be performing with one of the "Top 12" teams, exposing her to new gymnasts and a higher level of competition. She is looking forward to the challenge. "It's going to be different because I haven't really seen any of the teams that will be there," Hittner said. "I expect to just have fun. There will be a lot of great gymnastics, which should make for an exciting meet." The competition will cap off a storybook season that began with Hittner's transfer from William and Mary. After spending the majority of last season sidelined with mononucleosis, Hittner competed at the 1999 ECAC Championships, demonstrating her competitive skill to Kovic. He needed little convincing, however, as his memory of recruiting her as a high school senior vanquished any doubt that she would be a welcome addition to the Quakers. This season, Hittner has established and re-established the individual all-around school record at Penn and tied the balance beam standard in multiple meets for the Red and Blue. She was named the ECAC Co-Athlete of the Week for January 10 and ECAC Co-Athlete of the Year. And her remarkable season is not over yet. "[Going to regionals] is definitely a self-esteem booster because now I'm doing what I know I can do. Last year was frustrating because I knew what I had the potential to do, but my body wouldn't allow me to do that," Hittner said. Kovic knows that in addition to the solid routines and scores Hittner has posted this season, her contribution extends past mere competition. "She's helped to raise the level of gymnastics of the team. She's been a spark not only in competition, but as a personality on the team," Kovic said. Many of Hittner's teammates will be traveling to Penn State to cheer her on and provide a support base. "I'm really looking forward to it," Hittner said. "I just want to go in and enjoy myself."