Negotiations are in the works for a new pizzeria and bar to be located at 36th and Chestnut streets. Students craving a new place to eat may soon have one more option on campus. Pizzarustica, a gourmet, wood-burning oven shop and bar, signed a letter of intent earlier this month to move into a recently-vacated lot at 36th and Chestnut streets, according to John Greenwood a top official at the University's real estate company. Pending finalization of the lease, Pizzarustica, a cafeteria-style pizzeria, would open within about 90 days of the lease's signing in the space formerly held by Ace-Z 4 Pizza, Greenwood said. "We're trying really hard to work through the lease negotiations," Greenwood said yesterday. He added that the restaurant's price range will be moderate and comparable in style to establishments like California Pizza Kitchen. The 8'' to 16'' pizzas will range between $10 and $16 per pizza, according to Pizzarustica's operator -- a member of the Philadelphia food and beverage industry for the past 16 years who previously owned a successful restaurant that is still in existence. "The beauty of a pizza is that it is a one dish meal," said the operator of the restaurant, who asked to remain anonymous until the lease is finalized. "I think pizza is probably the best meal in the world." Pointing to the scarcity of quality pizza restaurants in the University City area, the operator added that she hopes Pizzarustica will be open by the spring. Capturing a Mediterranean spirit, the 80-seat restaurant -- described as cosmopolitan, sophisticated and student-friendly by the operator -- will display paninis and salads in the front marketplace area while providing additional seating for leisurely dining or studying in the back. Greenwood said the University evicted Ace-Z 4 to "better position that corner with a stronger operator that could energize the terrific space," adding that the establishment will be completely remodeled, offer extended hours and provide outdoor seating. Along with Pizzarustica, several other dining options are coming to campus. Bitar's Restaurant, serving Middle Eastern cuisine, will fill the site of the former Cool Peppers Mexican Grill on 40th Street by the end of March. And Stephen Starr has said his new upscale, Asian-style eatery will open in Sansom Common later this year. And Izzy and Zoe's delicatessen, a fast-food establishment on 40th Street, opened last week to hordes of students who had long awaited a bagel shop on campus.