The several dozen students who ventured into the Sigma Alpha Epsilon House Thursday night came to hear some of Penn's most popular a cappella groups. Whether they knew it or not, they also wound up giving to charity in the process. Putting a fun twist on philanthropy, SAE, the Office of the Vice Provost for University Life and the Children's Miracle Network joined forces to sponsor a benefit concert for area underprivileged children. The non-alcoholic event, entitled "Philanthropy 101," drew as many as 150 students packed into the main room of the SAE house. The benefit concert showcased performances by Penn Masala, Pennsylvania Six-5000, Counterparts, Save the Empire -- a house band made up of SAE pledges -- and guest DJ Paul the Apostle. College sophomore Jason Dudas, the fraternity's philanthropy chair, explained that the benefit concert was part of SAE's revitalized community service program. "CMN and SAE are nationally connected. Each SAE chapter works for and donates to its local CMN office. This is our first year -- first of many we hope," Dudas said. CMN subsidizes health care for underprivileged children around the nation. The Philadelphia branch works closely with the nearby Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The night started off with P.M. Dawn's "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss," -- Penn Masala style -- with English and Hindi vocals intertwined. "We feel it's really important to help out all the organizations on campus who are working towards charitable causes," said College junior Veeral Rathod, a Penn Masala member. Penn Six amused the crowd with its own version of Smashmouth's "All-Star," parodying the Greek system and social scene. But though the group's performance was light in style, its motive for playing was far more serious. "We think the mission of the CMN is an admirable one," said College sophomore Mark Hannah, a Penn Six member and SAE brother. "We hope to make at least a little bit of a difference in the lives of children." Counterparts entertained the audience with such classics as Van Morrison's "Crazy Love" and the Divinyls' "I Touch Myself." "We really try to go out and do community-oriented performances -- it's our way of giving back to Penn and the community," said College junior and Counterparts President Matt Lintner. Dudas estimated the event was expected to raise between $500 to $600.