Returning all 11 starters, the Quakers will have a better shot at beating Harvard, who will be missing two starters. After spending the past two weeks seeing just themselves in preseason scrimmages, the Penn men's soccer team is anxious for a few fresh faces. Finishing last season on a tear, the Quakers hope to continue their winning ways as they face Harvard in Cambridge, Mass., tomorrow at 1 p.m. in their season opener. Last season, the Crimson shut out the Quakers on Rhodes Field, 2-0. Although not controlling the game, the senior-dominated Harvard team stopped the Quakers' offense en route to their victory and eventual Ivy League championship. "They had a particularly good first half against us down here," Penn coach George O'Neill said. "They scored two very good goals. We had a couple of good opportunities in the second half and just could not put them away." For Harvard, the new year will bring many new faces, as five of the Crimson's starters from last year graduated. The absence of sweeper Lee Williams because of a groin injury, and defender Andrew Linquist, due to a red card in Harvard's final game last year will also add to Harvard's personnel problems. Harvard coach Steven Locker feels the Crimson's inexperience will be a factor. "It is definitely a huge concern for us," Locker said. "We are hopeful that we are going to be able to field a competitive team against Penn in our opener and just kind of battle it out, because it is not the same Harvard team of the past. We have had a lot of holes to fill and there is nowhere near the talent or depth that we have had in the past." Although Harvard might not be as strong as usual, O'Neill knows that the Crimson, who reached the quarterfinals of last year's NCAA Tournament, will still be a very formidable opponent. "I don't see them dropping off very much at all, O'Neill said. "I think they will still be a very competitive team and a very skillful team." During the game Harvard will rely on defender Ricky Le, forward Tommy McLaughlin, and goalie Jordan Dupee to pick up leadership void left by the graduating seniors. Locker stresses that his team will play their own game and will try not to allow the Quakers dictate the momentum. "We try to face the game in a logical manner," Locker said. "We don't necessarily focus in on individual type teams or individuals within a team. We try to focus in on more what we are trying to do and hope that will yield us the kind of result that we like." On the other hand, Penn comes in with the same 11 that started last year's game. Trying not to mimic last year's 1-5 start, the Quakers feel their positive attitude will help them continue their winning ways. "The attitude was not bad last year at the beginning of the year," Penn senior captain and midfielder Read Goodwin said. "After we let down a few games, it just seemed that everyone was saying, 'Oh, this is going to be the same as it always was.' Once we started winning, everyone has realized that we can do this. That attitude has carried over. Everyone has come in this year ready to go. The basic attitude seems to be we can do this as long as we put our minds to it. That is something that has not happened here in my four years." Although it is the season opener, both teams know that it will be an important factor in determining the 1997 Ivy League champion. For the Quakers, the game will allow them to prove last year's 7-1-1 streak that ended the season was not a jinx. So far Penn has enjoyed being considered a major contender in the Ivy League. "In many ways this could be the biggest game of the year," Quakers senior captain Brad Copeland said. "It is the first game of the year. It is the first Ivy League game. We have a lot of goals set for this year. We want to win the Ivy League. We want to get into the tournament. If we don't beat Harvard, we are going to be hurting ourselves immediately. This game we are taking very seriously."