Eight seniors chosen by classmates received top awards, Class of 1997 Ivy Stone to be placed outside College Hall. The traditional Ivy Day ceremony honoring outstanding members of the class of 1997 took place in Irvine Auditorium amidst the flurry of alumni weekend festivities on Saturday afternoon. The event included the presentation of awards and the unveiling of the class of 1997 Ivy Stone. Vice Provost for University Life Valarie Swain-Cade McCoullum announced that the class selected the new entrance to College Hall as the location for its Ivy Stone. Class president and Engineering senior Neil Sheth presided over the ceremony and came away with The Spoon, one of eight awards presented by the 25th reunion class of 1972. College senior and former Daily Pennsylvanian columnist Jamil Smith received The Bowl. The Cane went to former BiCultural InterGreek Council president and Wharton senior George Holt. Josh Gottheimer -- a College senior and former InterFraternity Council president -- was awarded The Spade. College senior and former Daily Pennsylvanian Managing Editor Kara Blond received the Brownlee Award and Wharton senior and former Kite and Key President Katinka Domotorffy came away with the Harnwell Award. The Hottel and Goddard Awards went to College senior Abby Close and Engineering senior Rachel Sheinbein, respectively. Members of the class of 1997 selected the four male and four female recipients of these awards -- which are among the university's oldest and most prestigious -- from a pool of 15 men and 15 women generated by a committee of students, faculty and staff earlier in the semester. University President Judith Rodin and Provost Stanley Chodorow also presented several leadership awards. Other students honored on Ivy Day included College seniors Jason Balesta, Lela Jacobsohn, Justin Shellaway, Dawn Landua and Angie Jimenez, Engineering seniors Sulynn Amrhein and Raj Iyer, Wharton seniors Clinton Matter and Richard Archer, Nursing senior Virginia Biddle, and Engineering junior Chris Hyzer. And the ceremony honored the planning committee of the recent Urban Agenda Conference, including College senior Alex Berkett, Wharton senior Ben Nelson, College juniors Tal Golomb, Eugene Huang, Jason Marbutt, Laura Schulman and Ari Silverman, College sophomores Hillary Aisenstein, Natalie Dowshen, Rachel Goldfarb and Mark Sagat, Wharton freshman Aaron Fidler, and College freshman Joshua Fink. In keeping with tradition, the event concluded with the planting of a sprig of ivy in honor of the class of 1997.