Undergraduate Assembly Vice Chairperson Gil Beverly announced last night that Social Planning and Events Committee President and College senior Nelson Telemaco has resigned from his post. Telemaco stepped down in order to begin an internship at Lord & Taylor, said Beverly, a Wharton senior. Telemaco was unavailable for comment last night. As SPEC president, Telemaco oversaw several SPEC project during the past year, including "Conversations," a student-leader social, the "Share Your Space" student art exhibit and the "Breaking Down the Walls" party to fight racism. Telemaco's decision to step down was announced to the group at a recent SPEC weekend retreat. Beverly, who has been a member of SPEC since his freshman year and now directs Spring Fling, said Telemaco was one of the best SPEC presidents with whom he had worked. "It is too bad that he had to resign," Beverly said. "He was a great president. He has been working for SPEC for three and a half years, and we are losing a great asset." Beverly added that Telemaco was disappointed he would be was unable to maintain the position. Telemaco will be replaced by Mosi Bennett, former vice president of SPEC. Bennett, a College junior, has also served as a UA representative, UA secretary and UA liaison to SPEC. Bennett said SPEC will continue to run smoothly despite Telemaco's sudden resignation. "It was something we were not expecting," he said. "We are handling the transition smoothly. We are working hard to make sure we continue the work Nelson did last semester and the overall improvement of SPEC." Bennett added that the next few months will be a hectic time for SPEC, with Spring Fling around the corner. "We would like to improve attendance of SPEC events, while promoting the organization as a whole and increasing student awareness," he said.