After a fresh coat of white paint and numerous renovations, Hutchinson Gym's weight room reopened its doors to students yesterday. The weight room was closed last February and March while the floor was completely redone and a wall was knocked out to create more space, according to associate director of recreation Terry Horstmann. The facility reopened in April, but not all of the weight equipment was available for use since weights were being sanded down and repainted, Horstmann added. During that period, the free weights were placed in the hallway for student use. They have now been moved back into the weight room. According to weight room supervisor Gabe Bodhi, there is now more space for leg work and lower-body exercises. "My freshman and sophomore years it was definitely not as nice as it is now," the Wharton senior said. But even with the new ventilation system, the weight room still has a steamy, sauna-like atmosphere. "It's disgustingly hot," College freshman Jennifer Schleider said. College junior Tom Anderson agrees that although the vents help the air circulation, the workout conditions are still uncomfortable. "In the spring it was pretty cool in here and it is better than last year, but not that much," Anderson said. The crowd of students in the weight room yesterday will probably disappear after the first two weeks of school. This will decrease the steaminess of the room, Anderson added. But, there is still a lack of equipment for students who wait in lines to work out on specific machines. "There's just not enough equipment for 10,000 students to use," College sophomore Harlyn Pohensky said.