Next year's University budget and the current state of graduate education are central topics on the agenda for today's University Council meeting. Following the usual reports by University President Judith Rodin, Provost Stanley Chodorow and the chairpersons of Council's various constituent assemblies, Chodorow and Acting Budget Director Ben Hoyle will present financial proposals for the 1995-96 academic year -- including a suggested 5.5 percent tuition and fees increase. The increase, as well as the entire University budget, must still be approved by the University's Board of Trustees at meetings later this week and in June. At today's Council meeting, Vice Provost for Graduate Education Janice Madden, Associate Dean and Director of Graduate Studies in the School of Arts and Sciences Walter Licht, and Assistant Vice President for Policy Planning and Federal Relations David Morse will also speak about graduate education. The Council Committee on Communications will propose a resolution urging both "that access to communication and information services be provided to all members of the University community" and "the expeditious completion of the ResNet project," according to an agenda provided by the Faculty Senate Office. Finally, Council will receive an update on the progress of judicial reform before adjourning. The meeting will be held from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. in the Quadrangle's McClelland Hall. It is open to the public.