Speak softly but carry a big kick. With that philosophy, sophomore Jill Brown has emerged to become one of the leaders of the Penn women's soccer team. As the left outside back, Brown has demonstrated her exceptional vision of the field and smooth ball control. But you won't hear her give the team an inspiring pep talk before tonight's 7:30 game against Villanova at Franklin Field. "Jill is somewhat of an unsung player," coach Patrick Baker said. "She's one of the quiet leaders." But her leadership skills are evident when the game is on the line. "She's very calm, cool and collected, and goes about her business," Baker said. Brown doesn't concentrate on pressure or non-pressure situations, she just plays her heart out from kickoff to the final whistle. "I try to keep my head in the game, concentrate on the whole 90 minutes and keep up the level of play throughout the game," Brown said. During the team's 2-1 loss against West Chester Friday, Brown's impressive performance managed to evade the spotlight. She covered West Chester's top forward and prevented her from being a factor. Brown saw the loss at West Chester as both a letdown and a learning experience. "West Chester was an unfortunate loss because we were all looking for a turnaround," Brown said. "It told us we have a lot of work to do. Coach Baker is helping us gel together as a team. "Last year, we were playing with what we brought into the program and it was individuals putting forth effort. This year, we're acting much more like a team." Although the outlook among Brown and the rest of the team has become more positive, the Quakers have much to improve upon for tonight's Villanova game. "Getting away from the win and loss aspect, we need to move the ball and pass the ball quicker than we have," Baker said. "[Villanova is] having success putting the ball in the back of the net and keeping opponents at bay." Nonetheless, Baker insisted the last few practices have been very positive for the Quakers. "It was our first game and we had the jitters," Baker said yesterday. "But anyone who was at that game and goes to tomorrow's game will see a much better group." Although spectators at today's game may be surprised to see a "much better group," they will see three things not out of the ordinary. Jill Brown will play left outside back, she'll give the Quakers everything she has and she won't gloat after another stellar performance.