Taking special precautions to make sure the event did not turn chaotic, chairpersons for the Penn Against Cancer Benefit Ball said the night went just how they planned -- fun, but not out of control. About 700 students turned out for Thursday night's ball at the Franklin Institute, raising more than $10,000 for the American Cancer Society. "I'm exceptionally pleased with the party," said co-Chairperson and College senior Kirsten Bartok. "We kept the party smaller than last year's -- making it more intimate. We also separated the bar from the dancing so there was less spilling and people bumping into each other." Co-Chairperson and Wharton senior Jonathan Rodbell said he is pleased with the support students showed for the event. "I'm flattered we sold out so fast," he said. Tickets, which cost $35, sold out in three days. In honor of the third anniversary of the ball, Grant Hartman, a representative from the ACS fundraising department, presented Bartok and Rodbell with a gift. "I gave Kirsten and Jonathan engraved frames that say 'Penn Against Cancer 1992-1994' with a photograph of the committee," he said. "Later in the year, they will receive a certificate in front of the Volunteer Fundraising Committee. "They've done phenomenal work as far as college fundraising goes," Hartman added. Along with other college groups who raise money for the ACS, Bartok, Rodbell and co-Chairperson and College junior Heather Woods will present ACS representatives with a check at a ceremony in the spring. Students said they were impressed by the entire evening. "Everything seems so well organized and elegant," said College sophomore Patti Ducoff. "I loved seeing friends in a setting that's different from the usual weekend scene." Other students said knowing that the ball benefits cancer made the night more enjoyable. "I had a great time getting dressed up and dancing with my friends," College freshman Elsbeth Norton said. "It felt good knowing that I could have such a wonderful night and help such a good cause as well."