Andy Breslin, '93 grad, was driving to friend's house A 1993 Engineering School graduate, Andy Breslin, died in a car wreck early Thursday morning near his home in Lancaster, Pa. "The accident was so sudden," Breslin's father, Joseph, said last night. "It was a real tragedy." Breslin, who was driving to a friend's house only a block away, decided to take an extra spin around the neighborhood. Breslin's father said his son decided to "take the long way around" so he could finish listening to a cassette tape. On his way through the neighborhood, Breslin lost control of his car and crashed into a tree. Paramedics rushed him to the hospital, but he never regained consciousness. Breslin's friend, Paul Thibault, a passenger in the car, died instantly. While police are still investigating the cause of the accident, Lancaster coroner Barry Walp said in his report that he found some evidence of alcohol use. Breslin's father said his son had two dreams in life – to play guitar in a rock band and to build an electric car. Breslin was on his way to realizing both when he died. He and his father spent last summer touring with the younger Breslin's alternative rock band, Stand Up – which has just released its first full-length compact disk. He was also working towards his masters in electrical engineering at Cornell University. "I know I'm a little partial, but he was a terrific kid," Breslin's mother, Trudy, said last night. "He was an electrical engineer and an accomplished pianist and guitarist. He was very concerned with social issues, such as racial equality and the homeless." Breslin's friend Jennifer Milanlo, a former University student and current law student at George Washington University, said they met in English House their freshman year. "Basically, he and I did everything together during college," she said. "I was his best friend and his girlfriend for two and a half years. I knew him probably better than anyone." Milanlo said Breslin lived for the moment and "loved life." "I'm not only sad for what I've lost and for what his family's lost, but he was going to be such an asset to this world," she said. "He was so smart and talented – so aware of his surroundings and what's important in life." Breslin's father said his son loved the time he spent at the University and looked forward to his dual careers in electrical engineering and music. The elder Breslin said he had full confidence that his son would have found success in both fields. "He was so confident," his father said. "[Breslin] would always say 'trust me'." Breslin's father said one of his son's favorite sayings was a lyric in a song he wrote. "He was always using the phrase 'a love that's real'," he said. "We had that engraved on his tombstone. We thought he would like that."