The Penn women' soccer team (1-6-1 overall, 0-4 Ivy League) is mad as hell. The Quakers are mad at themselves. But they get a chance to redeem themselves today (4 p.m.) versus West Chester (4-5) and Tuesday at Lafayette (6-7). Despite recent losses to Ivy opponents and a conference losing streak stretching back to the team's creation three years ago, the Quakers still believe in themselves and their ability. "We have a new style," freshman midfielder Lisa Paster said. "We're playing better ball, we have more confidence, and we deserve to win." "We've worked hard all season," freshman defender Heather Herson said. "[The loss to Columbia] is not a setback. If anything, it made us angry. We've lost too many of those [games we expected to win]." West Chester is a new squad – only two years old. They are trying to improve on last season's abysmal 2-7 record. In the last meeting between the Quakers and the Division II Rams, in indoor league last winter (after the varsity season), the Quakers emerged victorious. The Quakers are looking to today's contest as a game that they can dominate and take home as a victory. Playing at Franklin Field will provide yet another boost for the home Quakers. "We beat West Chester indoors," Penn head coach Suzette Wolf said. "And I'm sure they're not going to like turf. We have an advantage on turf because we're more used to it. And we have more enthusiasm because we think we can win." The Leopards will be coming into Tuesday's game on a hot streak, winning four of their last five games (not including their game tomorrow against Lehigh). But Tuesday's contest against Lafayette promises to be much tougher, though still winnable, for the Quakers. "These two games coming up should be more at our level," freshman midfielder Nicole Caruso said. "We have a good chance of winning both if we step it up and play aggressively. We realize that we have a chance, and hopefully things will turn around." Lafayette coach Daniel Magner both praised his own players and spoke well of the Quakers. "It's going to be real even," Magner said. "Against common opponents, the two teams have had comparable results, and Suzette does a great job with her team. I expect a tight, well-contested game." One interesting twist to Tuesday's game is the presence of Lafayette senior midfielder Heidi Caruso, the older sister of Penn's Nicole Caruso. The elder Caruso, who also excels on the basketball court (holding the NCAA record for steals), is ranked 13th in the country in scoring. After playing in the shadow of her sister for so long, Nicole is not used to the focus being on her, but she is taking it all in stride. "[Heidi] is really good in sports," Penn's Caruso said. "She's a much better athlete than I am. She's always been an inspiration and role model to me." But playing against her sister does not change Nicole's approach to the game. "I'm not intimidated by her," she said. "I've gotten used to it. I respect her, but I play the best I can and try not to put pressure on myself. I hope we crush 'em." The two sisters play offensive positions, so they will not come into contact much. But the Quakers will be focusing on the elder Caruso in their game against Lafayette. Other outstanding Leopard athletes include their freshman goaltender, Wendy Kaemmerlan. But the Quakers have their own budding stars, like freshman forward Yuka Morita, sophomore defender Meg Kinney and the younger Caruso. Unfortunately, Penn will be missing two of its biggest playmakers – sophomore midfielders Kelly Nolan and Tonya Kolodziejksi – who will be sitting out due to injuries. "Kelly orchestrates a lot of the balls that get us to the goal," junior forward Alisha Berger said. "We'll really feel the loss. But if everybody's on we can win." "Physically they're beat from Harvard and Columbia," Wolf said. "[But] we're a strong bunch, and we're tired of losing. We're pissed off, annoyed, and sick of it." And they're not going to take losing any more.