Construction on the Revlon Campus Center will probably not begin until fall 1994, and the facility's doors will not open until two years later, according to a timetable outlined by Vice Provost for University Life Kim Morrisson last night. But even though President Sheldon Hackney originally predicted when the project was launched in 1988 that University students would have a new place to congregate by 1992, Morrisson maintains that the University is not that far behind schedule. "We're no more than a year off from the timetable that was discussed realistically," Morrisson said. The University's last estimated date of completion was 1995. She said the plans have been stalled in large part by financial constraints. But Morrisson stressed that the Revlon Center project is still one of the University's top concerns and has not been put on the backburner. "I believe it's the top priority, not just of my office, but of the president's office, the development office and the [University] Trustees," she said. Student leaders said last night that while they understand the University is working hard to build the new center, they are becoming impatient. "There are a lot of grandiose plans the University has and we wish they'd get moving on [them]," said Kirsten Bartok, Undergraduate Assembly vice chairperson. "They're working hard. They want this done as well. They're just finding that with monetary constraints it's difficult." Bartok added that she is confident that even though the current freshman class will not even get to enjoy the Revlon Center, the facility eventually will be constructed. "I'm optimistic," the College junior said. "I think it will get built because they want it built, but I hope it's soon too." Anne Todd, chairperson of the Social Planning and Events Committee, said that the University lacks facilities for students and is in serious need of a campus center. "Students need a center on campus to join together," she said. "I think it would bring more students back on campus. "It's a shame [it wasn't built sooner]," Todd added. "I wish we'd had one." Currently, a Trustees committee is planning fundraising strategies for the center, Morrisson said. She said she expects to have a final plan ready for the Trustees' approval by the end of next semester and that it will take a year from that time before groundbreaking is possible. Meanwhile, as the Trustees iron out some of the details, the original building committee has not met since July. Wharton senior Joel Yarbrough, the only undergraduate committee member, said yesterday that although his committee is not involved in the process right now, he is pleased that the Trustees are so involved with the planning of the project. "I'm glad they're taking an active involvement rather than just grumbling," he said. And Yarbrough, who said he was led to believe during his freshman year that he would see the center completed by the time of his graduation, said he thinks the "glacier pace" of this project will pay off in the end. "I wish the building would be ready tomorrow," he said. But, "you don't design things for short-term satisfaction. What we're going to get is the best campus center for the next 100 years." Regional Science Department Chairperson Stephen Gale, a member of the committee, said he thinks the departure of Executive Vice President Marna Whittington -- who was a co-chairperson of the group -- led to much of the delay. Gale said Whittington was the committee's chief financial strategist.