A student was raped off campus last Saturday, University Police said yesterday. Ruth Wells, director of Victim Support and Special Services, said yesterday that she would not disclose where the incident occurred. She said the student's assailant was not a University student. Wells added that the case is currently under investigation, and that the student has received medical care and is now undergoing therapy. "That's all the information I can disclose," Wells said. "This is an extremely sensitive case. Our primary concern is that the survivor is assured of confidentiality -- this prevents us from giving additional information at this time." University Police said last night they do not know if the student pressed charges against her assailant. Reports can go through Victim Support for informational reasons without an official investigation. Victim Support, located at 3914 Locust Walk Annex behind the University Police Station, is a unit of the University Division of Public Safety that focuses on giving survivors of rape, sexual violence and hate violence careful attention, according to a Public Safety brochure. Students who are raped can go to Victim Support to be advised on where to go to receive proper medical care and to find immediate counseling. Rape survivors, or of other forms of violent abuse, have several counseling options through Victim Support, including the Thomas Jefferson Hospital Crisis Center, a Student Health Practitioner, University Counseling Service, Penn Women's Center and the Faculty/Staff Assistance Program. Victim Support will also help the student interact with police and the judical system should the student decide to prosecute. Students are guaranteed confidentiality when they use the services of Victim Support. According to the brochure, services are available for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students may contact Victim Support by calling 898-4481 during the day, or 898-6600 anytime of the day or night.