They came. They flung. They made some money. Spring Fling organizers said this week that the three-day fete last weekend was an overwhelming success, both socially and financially. Fling co-director Erik Sulman, a College junior, said Tuesday that the event at least broke even and probably made money. And College junior Joshua Perelman, also a co-director, said that Fling most likely made money because organizers sold 1850 more tickets than the 4100 needed for the Saturday concert to break even. He added that final figures for the event are still being tabulated. Money was made through the sale of advertisements, vendor spots, guest passes, T-shirts and concert tickets. In addition to the money, Sulman, Perelman and co-director Stacey Kossow all agreed that the event was extremely successful. "[We] exceeded all expectations," Sulman said. The three cited improved programming in Upper Quad and strong attendance by varied groups of students for the concert and Sunday Fling as accomplished goals. Sulman said the rides at Sunday's Superblock portion of the weekend were "filled most of the day" and that the "location allowed enjoyment for everyone." Black Student League president Martin Dias said the event was more diverse than "if they had made no effort." "A lot of first-year students had a good time, since no historical baggage came along with the name 'Spring Fling,' " Wharton junior Dias said. Social Planning and Events Committee chairperson Anne Todd said that although she "hopes we had something for everyone to meet everyone's tastes," totally diversifying Fling will take more efforts. Perelman said Fling will have to pay University Physical Plant for any damages done to the Quad, although Wharton senior Kossow said she "doesn't foresee any charges for damages." But Perelman said, "[I] know of one toilet missing from the Quad." Perelman, who said he worked closely with security on the event, said there were no major security problems related to alcohol at Fling. But he added that he does know of at least five parties in the Quad, and one which was busted because someone threw a can of beer at a University Police officer.