Jeff Lichtman has been involved in the Undergraduate Assembly, the Social Planning and Events Committee, and the Student Activities Council. Now he wants to bring his self-described experience to the chairperson seat of the UA. College junior and past UA Treasurer Lichtman said yesterday he wants to restore the respect of the UA by making the body more "accountable" to students. "Everyone believes the UA does not represent constituents," he said. "As a result, when we talk until we're blue in the face about issues, a lot goes on deaf ears." To solve this problem, Lichtman said he will form an Outreach Committee so "UA members can re-immerse themselves in student government and student organizations" and make themselves accessible to undergraduates and their views. Specifically, Lichtman said UA members would attend the meetings of various student groups. Lichtman said his experience as a leader in SAC, SPEC, and the UA puts him in the "best position" to mend bridges between the various student government organizations. For example, he cited his mediating of the negotiations between SAC and SPEC on their new Joint Co-sponsorship Board agreement to fund campus-wide cultural and social events. Lichtman also said he will stress renovation of the University's recreation facilities if elected chairperson next year. Lichtman said that he also will find a "happy medium" in balancing attention between broad policy issues and specific student needs. He wants to "personalize" broad issues for students. On the tuition issue, for example, he said he plans to lobby hard to keep need blind admissions to the University, an issue he feels all undergradutes can relate to.